Monday, March 1, 2010

Shrimps with Basil and Cilantro

My husband's new hobby is to teach me how to cook simple yet exotic dishes. He has been nagging that I have been serving him only instant meals, sandwiches and pizza and not the healthy meals that he thinks he deserves. Hey, I can cook. Just not those complicated dishes. Plus I have no time. I'm always running after the clock....or I'm just simply not interested. I do understand where he is coming from though. I need to learn how to cook healthier meals. Besides, we're planning to start a family soon. What am I going to feed my kids?!

Ok so we started cooking together on Sundays. I was the souz chef as he has more experienced than I am but it was a wonderful experience creating something sumptuous and spending quality time together. It proved to be a romantic project after all.

So, we made this incredible shrimp dish with basil and cilantro. I am not a huge fan of seafood but shrimps I can handle.



The ingredients:

1/2 Kilo shrimps
1 tbsp basil
1 cup cilantro
1 cup spring onions
2 cups of tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup of cooking wine
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tbsp cooking oil
Salt and pepper to taste





Warm the oil in the pan then add the garlic until golden. Add the wine and let it reduce for 5 min



.Then drop the shrimps




Add the basil and spring onions




The tomatoes




Then the cilantro. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir for about 3-5 min and you're done!




The final product
 




After 5 min....
 



Have fun in the kitchen! ;)

4 comments:

  1. banig ba yun? will apply for a visa pa lang. how's the matching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe. Place mats na parang banig ;)

    Match results in 2 weeks! Eeek :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless Boss:-) for God and for the people. i hope you'd be matched sa dream hospital mo sa Chicago:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Wish you all the best :)

    ReplyDelete