Sunday, March 14, 2010

Abandon

I've always been a control freak. I always have a plan for everything. But lately things have not been happening according to my plan. Some say that we are the captain of our ship, but there are instances in our lives that are simply beyond our control. I have learned the hard way. And now it's time to offer my hand to God and let Him lead the way.  Lord, I completely surrender myself to you.....


Father,
I abandon myself into your hands; do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creatures.
I wish no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul;
I offer it to you
with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord,
and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands,
without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father.

Charles de Foucald


2 comments: