Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Follow the white rabbit....

Alice in Wonderland has always been my favorite Disney animation movie. I've probably watched it more than a dozen times.There's just something about the dreamy wonderland that gives me a whiff of nostalgia making me forget the aches and pains of the real world.

Lewis Carroll has created magical characters that actually remind me of real people I have encountered in my lifetime. Do I consider myself as an Alice then? Well, I'm not as persistent as she is in chasing that white rabbit down the hole. I think the first thing I would do is call for back-up! But I do have a habit of getting lost along my path, getting distracted by animated characters along the way who are either there to help me or sway me from my goal, and sometimes all I want to do is go home and be safe.



Everyone has a cheshire cat in their lives. Now who is yours? These guys can be your best friends, your protectors, confidantes, or even enemies. I've had them all.

What about the queen? Hmmmm.... I can think of a couple people. These women are power-driven, ruthless, deceitful and authoritative. "Off with their heads!!!!!"  I love this scene where Alice finally got to say what the queen deserves! Fast forward to 3:40.



I think my favorite character is the dormouse. All he does is sleep and eat jam! ;) Sometimes I'd like to do that all day....

And now Tim Burton has created a phenomenal version. The movie is actually a combination of Lewis' 2 books (Alice in wonderland and Through the looking glass). And of course having Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter play key roles in the movie just gives me all the more reason in the world to watch this film. Coming out on March 4th...Can't wait! Watch official trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment