Monday, March 15, 2010

Did I match????

At 12 noon EST the result of the match was released. Everybody at the forum was anxiously staring at the clock. I was not nervous until I woke up this morning and realized that in a few hours a new chapter in my life would soon begin. But what if I don't match???? My heart started pounding.

This morning was the longest day of my life! I would look at the clock every 5 minutes and swore that the hand only moved a line. I was losing my mind. I hate the suspense. I can't take it. I pretended to be busy at work yet people kept asking me when I would find out. Leave me alone! I'm nervous here....But of course I just gave them a smile and pretended to be cool. Yeah right! I was turning pale.

Then at precisely 11:50 I opened my email and there it was: From NRMP; Title: Did I Match?

YES!!!!!

I owe everything to God for without Him nothing would be possible. 

I decided to apply for the match late in the game with a pending CS score. And along my application process I had problems with my letters of recommendation. The letters where either lost in the mail or in the ERAS pile. Who knows. So I had to request the authors to write me another letter. In the meantime, 75% of the applicants have started receiving invitations for interviews while I was not even half way complete with my requirements. But with God's help I made it through. And no matter what the outcome would've been I am still thankful that I had the opportunity to be a player in the game and emerged a winner :)

5 comments: