Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Last Step

I have one more exam to complete so I can get rid of the USMLEs: Step 3. This exam is 3x as harder as CK and consists of not 1 but 2 days! The good thing is that most programs don't require you to pass this exam before you start residency unless you need it for visa purposes. So since I have 3 more months before I start residency why not just get this exam out of the way?

First thing you need to do is go to FSMB to register. Still have to do this. You can choose any state you want to register at even if you won't be training in that state. Most IMGs choose CT because this state does not require post-training experiences.

My tactics:

1 month: USMLEWORLD MCQs
1 month: USMLEWORLD CCS
1/2 month: Master The Boards
Maybe: Kaplan CK Lecture Notes

Target exam date: First week of May

I have actually started my prep 2 weeks ago. I have 20% left of the MCQs....Let's see how I fare in the next 2 months :)

My Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment