Wednesday, January 27, 2010

New Saigon

We found a Vietnamese restaurant that serves not only vey affordable food but absolutely delish as well. It is a small and unassuming family-owned eatery where you can have authentic Vietnamese food. The wife cooks while the husband serves. No other employess but these two humble and very hard-working indivuduals.
New Saigon is located along Broadway and Argyle in northside Chicago. Read the review.


We started off with wanton soup with pork, shrimps, fresh cilantro and mung bean sprouts. The soup itself is seasoned well, the pork and shrimp are tender and tasty. I devoured the whole thing in less than 5 min!



Then came the main event: Marinated Pork chop on steamed rice. It was the best pork chops I've ever had!
The marinade was absolutely divine! I had no idea what they used (cooking is not my forte) but I can definitely taste sugar, a hint of soy sauce...... ah.... The point is that it was the best! I also got fresh lemonade and they weren't lying. It was as fresh as it can get!




The cost:

Wanton soup: $4.75
Pork chop: $4.85
Lemonade: $1.75

I was so stuffed when I got home and was ready to hit the bedroom but decided to google the recipe for this amazing Vietnamese Pork Chop ;) The recipe.

Maybe someday I can make this....Or I can just head to New Saigon whenever I have the craving ;) I think the latter sounds much better.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment