Friday, April 2, 2010

Getting Licensed




I have begun the process of gathering all requirements to apply for a temporary physician license here in IL back in February. I know that I have a lot of things to fulfill before I can send out the application.  I need to fill out the forms, send some forms for my school to sign, send some forms to 2 other hospitals to sign coz I had rotations at these hospitals during clerkship, have my school furnish certificates of affiliation between these hospitals, have an affidavit notarized saying that 2 weeks of my Psychiatric rotations were integrated in other clinical rotations, have the Philippine Regulations Commission sign a form proving I was board certified back home, etc., etc., etc. So I'm really glad I started this process 2 months ago.

Gathering all these documents is not a piece of cake for someone who is thousands of miles away from her medical school. So I created very detailed and specific instructions for my cousin back home to do all the necessary paperwork for me. Poor girl. But I have no choice. And of course it took my school almost 2 months to complete everything.

Finally, all the necessary documents are here. Now all I have to do is mail them out to my program coordinator and she will do the rest. Whew!

4 comments: