Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fashion in residency?

Residents are known to work long hours a day. In my program,  residents work an average of 65 hours a week. Some programs would even drive their residents to work 70 hours a week! With this hectic schedule it is but natural for residents to wear the most comfortable clothes possible. I agree. But it doesn't mean that they can't be fashionable either ;)

My goal is to be as comfortable as possible without sacrificing looking good. Two can blend. Why not?

For me pants and blouses with comfortable flat shoes will be my staple outfit. There will be no place for heels in my turf. Not only do I hate wearing heels but I will be on my feet all day long, no way will I even try to balance on heels.

So how do you blend comfort with fashion?

Take for example this simple yet colorful blouse which I got from Forever 21 for only $11.50:


If you pair it with an ordinary black pair of pants it will definitely be very comfortable. But if you add a black simple vest like this:


The outcome would be this:

And of course you can pair the vest with other blouses. Mix and match is the key.

Yesterday my sister-in-law took me shopping as her congratulatory gift for my new job. She's so sweet! First we went to H&M. They had a huge sale going on. I always like their selections. Not too pricey yet the clothes are trendy and durable.


Next we went to The Water Tower Mall and visited several stores from Banana Republic to the Limited.





It was fun to shop but in the end we were both exhausted and called it a day. I am not one to splurge and I only buy things when they are on sale or decently priced...Unless I really really want it...Next on my list: winter outfits and comfortable shoes....

*Pardon the quality of the photos as I was using my phone to take these snaps....

2 comments:

  1. If you find some comfortable shoes, let me know;-), I love heels but no way to those heels when I will have average 76 hours/week in my program:).

    ReplyDelete